Labastide en Val
Labastide-en-Val, the easternmost of the Aude bastides, is located at the end of the Val de Dagne in the Alsou valley at the foot of the Lacamp mountain. The village houses stretch along the river. Its territory is covered with rich vineyards producing excellent wine.
Labastide-en-Val, another of our charming villages, is nestled in the heart of the Corbières, between garrigue and notable vineyards. Like the other villages of the Val de Dagne, Labastide has narrow streets and beautiful stone houses.
The story of Labastide-en-Val in brief
Owned by the Lagrasse Abbey in the 12th century, it later belonged to the Viscount of Carcassonne, then to various co-lords.
During your visit to Labastide-en-Val do not miss:
- The Rieux bridge (12th century) where the film “The miracle of the Wolves” with J. Marais was filmed..
- The chapel of Cambourras, the lake of Taurize, the chasms of Alzou (Labastide-en-Val).
- Mayronnes sculptural trail (with permanent exhibitions of sculptures of Modern Art).
- The Joseph Delteil Poetry Trail in Villar-en-Val.
- The GR36 trail, Corbières loop.
- The wild landscape of the gorges of Congoust, Camarie and Orbieu.